Thursday 30 January 2014

Delays delayed

Oh China. In typical fashion, something's gone wrong with my return flight to the beautiful country. Am I cursed? I wasn't even changing at Pudong this time. Luckily, the impact is even bigger this time. I have to: delay a meeting with my supervisor about quitting and I have to completely cancel my two week travel plans, my last before I leave China for good. Did I mean luckily?

Anyway, let's think positive for a moment. The guy who helped me to re-book my flight, Dean, was very lovely and helpful. He may just have been grateful to speak to someone whose first language was English and who wasn't very, very irate. Also, I may be able to meet up with Luke later on in the travel diary (subject to the travel plans of the Chinese...during Chinese new year), so all is not lost(?) just yet.

It also gives me some time to sort out my impending post-China life. I still need to get a job, get an Ipad, change my bedroom around (which I now have no reason to put off), get rid of a lot of stuff and reply to some long unanswered letters from several government agencies. Things are looking up.

I suppose I'd be more irritated if I didn't a. live in London b. prefer London to China c. plan on coming back from China in a few weeks anyway d. feel like I hadn't had enough spaghetti bolognese to warrant leaving the country just yet. Maybe it was a sign. Complete unfinished business on home continent before taking on unfinished business in a second.

Anywho, by the time I write here again it will be the second in what's becoming a series of 'last posts', and will hopefully have some accompanying pictures from at least some time spent in China.

This is all dependent on whether or not China let's me back in. I think it knows I plan to leave....A woman scorned...

No comments:

Post a Comment