Tuesday 30 August 2011

Going to China Part 3: Alright, alright, I'm going already!

So, I've packed. I'm actually leaving the land. The next time I write on this blog I will be on the other side of the world! I even had a little leaving breakfast with my friends, hence the photos. Well, it was meant to be a breakfast, it turned into a lunch/brunch thing by the time about half the people had arrived [you know who you are -.-] and then turned into an all day thing, seriously eating into my packing time.



But I've packed now - with the considerable help of my cousin and mother [who's desperate to get rid of me now] the whole process took only 5 hours, even after we found out I was allowed a MAXIMUM of 20kg on the flight. No worries though, the rest of my belongings [one full suitcase] will be with me in a matter of days, possibly arriving in China at the same time as myself.

It's just the last minute things now - informing the bank I need to withdraw a horrendous amount of money to pay my tuition fees, finishing my novel so I only have to carry the sequel with me and attending Nando's for my last supper [who know's when I'll see one again?]. I actually start lessons almost as soon as I get there [on the 5th I have some tests apparently] as well as havin to do a b*tch load of admin work during my first few days. As well as registering at the police station [to avoid "Illegal stay as an alien"] I have to register with the school, pay the tuition fees and visit IKEA. I know - they don't have Facebook, but they have IKEA. Apparently it's not that far from the house, but I tend to balk at doing any more than I physically have to.

There's not really much else to say here, except whining about the fact that it's going to take me a whole day to get there. I guess I'll do that then. Did you know it's going to take me a whole day to get there?!
1 hour from house to airport, where I'll then have to wait 2 hours before my 10 hour flight to Beijing, then wait  5 hours for my 2 hour connecting flight to Dalian Zhoushuizi airport. For those who are bad at maths, that's 20 hours - unsurprisingly I'm not impressed with the distance having to be travelled here, nor the amount of time it's going to take. There'd better be some frickin' good films showing on that flight.

Anywho, I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again soon, avid a reader as you are! As Eva would say: "This isn't goodbye...but

再见!                  :S xx

No comments:

Post a Comment