Friday 21 October 2011

I have a Stalker

Are you allowed to tell someone who has technically done nothing wrong besides want to be your friend, to f**k off and leave you alone? Well, may not in those exact words, but why is it so hard for me to just be like "Look, leave me alone" when I want someone to leave me alone?

So this guy comes into my classroom one day - clearly African [he has that 'fresh' look about him] and looking for something. I just didn't know that something was me. He came over and started conversation, he seemed normal enough, and then he asked for my number....and I gave it to him. NOW I know what you're thinking - why? A good question, but let me explain. China has lured me into a false sense of security when it comes to giving out my digits. In London, or anywhere in the UK, as a stranger you'd have to tie me down and steal my phone [I'd like to see you try] to get my number. But, when you're in a new place with a small community of English speakers and meeting people who go to your university, you don't think twice about these things. I still don't know what came over me though - Holly and Serrena had been handing their numbers out like candy until this point and I had sniffed, sniffed at them. What, in God's name, had convinced me to be nice at this point. I am not a nice person!

My mother had warned me to stay away and be generally wary of African men, ever since I told her we'd met up with some Angolan guys. I thought she was just being racist, as all Africans are, but she was right. I should have listened to her. She's a wise woman. A wise woman.

So now this guy's texting me 3 times a day, just wanting to ask what I'm up to, even though his English is appalling and probably wouldn't understand anyway. And get this - he's notorious! And not in the B.I.G. way. He's stalked a number of people, some of whom I am acquainted with, including one girl from my uni. In fact, after he had finished talking to me for the first time my friend Anitra told me, and I quote, "THAT'S THE CONGOLESE STALKER". So. When you saw me talking to him, why did you not inform me of this. Call me over. Do anything. Scream?! There is no excuse for letting me walk into a well laid trap!

And today he actually called me.
"Are you free this weekend?"
"No. I have plans."
"What plans?"
Not that I actually need to inform you but..."Some parties, work."
"I se. So could we meet up, maybe in the afternoon?"
"No, because I'm busy."
"Oh. I wanted to meet you for lunch."
"Well, I can't, because I'm busy." Man I'm polite.
"So I can't see you this weekend?"
"I,"
"Yes?"
"AM BUSY"
"Ok, keep in touch"      GRAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH

You'd think after my abrupt but polite dismissal and not returning any of his texts, he would get the hint. But no. He text me again. Wanting to see me. Even though I went out of my way to lie and say I have a boyfriend. You know when you don't want to blanket an entire race of people for the sake of being PC, just let your instincts run free. Learn from my lesson. So then I sent him a text, essentially saying "I'm busy. I don't want to be your friend. Please stop contacting me" And he sent back something incomprehensible. So if he texts me again, I'm just gonna come out and  say "Leave me alone." Yeah I'm a b*tch, but what would you do?

And before you go all on his side remember - he has a record. He came into that classroom fishing for his next victim. So wipe that pitying look off your face [unless it's for me].
It really doesn't help that we have lessons in the same building. If he pops his head round that door one more time I'm going to cut it off.

Comments & Questions   [And by that I mean what do I do?!]   -__-          Xx

3 comments:

  1. BE AS BLUNT AS POSSIBLE

    This is what you need to say (to his face) I know this will be hard:

    'I am NOOOOOOOOOOOT INTERESTED, so stop texting me, calling me, looking at me etc....'

    If a little bit of the African in you comes out I am sure he will h-ondorstand! (no pun intended)

    Pleases and Thank yous are no longer necessary you tried being nice and it didn't work.

    These are the words of wisdom I pass on to you :) xxx

    P.S: you should have listened to your mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried to cut my own hair and was understandably in a bad mood.Then I read this.And how I did LOL.
    'I'm not a nice person!' Truest thing ever said.
    Also I'll give you the advice you gave me-
    'Maghrebin.(Replace with his nationality) Stand back'
    If ignoring doesn't work, a point blank 'FUCK OFF.DO NOT TALK TO ME.' may have to suffice.

    Thanks again for the giggles.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Abi, thank you.

    That's all I'm saying!!

    ReplyDelete